Renowned climate scientist Dr. Michael E. Mann joins us to discuss his new book,
Our Fragile Moment: How Lessons from Earth's Past Can Help Us Survive the Climate Crisis,
and to answer some of the hottest questions in climate science discussions today:
- Are we doomed?
- Is the world facing polar ice breakdown if we reach the same CO2 concentrations that existed in the geological past when the planet was free of ice?
- Is there evidence of “tipping points” in the climate system that will activate “feedback loops” of runaway warming?
- Will the planet keep warming after our carbon emissions go to zero?
- Was the Paris target breached when the world exceed 1.5°C of warming for some months of 2023?
- Are climate scientists using models that underestimate future warming?
- Is there a chance of limiting warming to only 1.5° or 2°C?
Geek rating: 8